"The Bugatti of ALL Coconut Oils!" - Maicangirl (Alexa, Beauty Blogger)
An acne flare-up may only be temporary, but the damage caused to skin can leave permanent scars. Incorporating coconut oil into everyday routines can be an effective way to erase acne scars.
Coconut oil is a popular natural alternative to traditional soaps and scrubs. With a high density of vitamins, acids and anti-oxidants, coconut oil combats acne and eradicates scarring naturally. Its versatility makes it easy to integrate into any diet or skin care regimen.
How it works –
Acne scars are caused when a high build-up of sebum produces an inflamed area of pustules and cysts which then burst, breaking the skin and scarring. Coconut oil contains a multitude of ingredients that heal the skin in the following ways:
- Firstly, coconut oil is one of the best sources of lauric acid, which is anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal. The lauric acid in the oil cleanses the skin of acne-causing bacteria. It is anti-inflammatory, so it cools and soothes, reducing redness and alleviating discomfort.
- Simultaneously, vitamins and acids in the oil encourage skin repair. Coconut oil contains vitamins E and K, as well as caprylic and capric acids, which all promote healthy skin growth. Coconut oil additionally supports the production of collagen, the natural protein that keeps your skin strong and resilient.
- Anti-oxidants fight against free-radicals before they cause a new break-out, while the oily texture mimics the skin’s natural oils (sebum) without overloading your pores. This prevents new acne forming in the affected area, and as a result, allows the skin to recover and repair.
So coconut oil not only fights the existing acne, it also encourages the skin to heal and prevents more spots from forming, removing the risk of scars.
How to Use Coconut Oil for Skin –
Using a high purity, high quality coconut oil from COCO & CO. that does not contain impurities that can clog your sebaceous glands yields the best benefits.
Much like using coconut oil for hair care, it can be used to treat skin both externally (applying directly onto the affected area) and internally (consuming).
There are many effective methods of using coconut oil externally:
- The most straight forward approach is to apply a small amount directly onto the acne, gently massaging it into the skin. Leave the oil on the skin for up to ten minutes before rinsing off, in the same way as using a mask.
- Replacing moisturizer with coconut oil hydrates the skin naturally, and allows the pores to fully absorb it. A pea-size amount should be enough for the face.
- Creating an exfoliating scrub by combining coconut oil with brown sugar, ground oats or baking soda gives the skin all the benefits of using coconut oil with the added advantage of scrubbing away surface dirt and dead skin cells.
Consuming coconut oil increases the body’s levels of vitamins E and K, healthy acids and anti-oxidants, which are then used to fight acne. The most popular ways of eating coconut oil include:
- Eating a tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil with each meal.
- Using flavored variations, such as spiced coconut oil added to coffee or as a condiment.
- Substituting traditional frying oils with coconut oil when cooking.
Coconut oil has become a rising all natural way for many to gain clearer skin, whiter teeth and even beautiful healthy hair. This natural oil provides a number of powerful nutrients, vitamins and beneficial properties that not only lets your hair look more amazing but also makes it more healthy.
How Can Coconut Oil Benefit Your Hair?
- The natural nutrients found in coconut oil helps stimulate hair growth by penetrating deep into the hair follicles.
- Coconut Oil can also reduce your risk of insects bites and lice by maintain scalp health.
- Those who regularly use coconut oil on their hair have seen a reduction in the appearance of dandruff and often times see it eliminated altogether.
- You hair will look more healthy displaying a rich luster and natural shine.
- Coconut oil also leaves the hair feeling softer.
- The vitamins found in coconut oil helps repair damaged hair and can help prevent breakage as well as split ends.
- Coconut oil is also a healthy and natural way to keep your hair moisturized.
- The properties in coconut oil can also help slow down the process of hair loss in most people.
- Using coconut hair will give it more lift and volume.
How Does Coconut Oil Actually Work On Your Hair?
When the coconut oil is applied to your hair is penetrates deep into the hollow space of your hair. This allows it to provide essential nutrients and vitamins need to promote healthy and beautiful hair. By working from the inside of you hair coconut oils is able to keep the hair hydrated and provide it with antibacterial properties. This also why coconut oil will give your hair more volume. Coconut oil is also the only proven oil to help reduces protein loss from the hair. Typically when excess protein is lost through the hair the hair ends up looking unhealthy and damaged. Coconut oil helps prevents and stop the protein loss resulting in more healthy looking hair.
How To Use Coconut Oil For Amazing Hair:
The most effective way to treat your hair with coconut oil and give you the maximum benefits of its properties, the coconut oil should be applied over the scalp as well as the hair. Using a comb, make sure you evenly spread the coconut oil over every strand and to the very tips of the hair. The best way to get an even coating of the coconut oil is to warm it slightly before you apply it to your hair. This gives it more mobility making it easier to message and comb through the hair. This should be done in the evening and the coconut oil should be left in overnight and then wash out in the morning using shampoo.
All natural beauty products are very popular right now, and one product in particular is probably hiding out in your kitchen pantry while your skin, nails and hair are screaming for it. “What is this amazing product?” you ask. Coconut oil! Coconut oil is all natural and the benefits of its use are immense. The documented use of coconut oil dates as far back as 1500 BC, and it’s not surprising at all when you think about all of the different ways it can be used, other than just cooking. It can be used to keep your skin healthy and youthful, your hair beautifully shiny and soften up your cuticles, and that’s just naming a few of its many uses.
Coconut Oil for Your Skin
Are you ready to stop spending a crazy amount of money on your moisturizer? If you answered yes, then read on. Coconut oil is the perfect substitute for your daily lotion. Not only is it much cheaper than many brands you would find in the beauty aisle, but it’s also all natural unlike the lotion that you’re probably using now. If you want super soft skin, then use coconut oil and watch your dry skin transform after just the first application. For the best results, use coconut oil right after your shower. It’s perfect for your whole body, including your chapped lips! You can also use coconut oil for your daily makeup remover. It’s a breeze to take off even waterproof mascara, using coconut oil! Rub a small amount in between your fingers and then apply to your face, rubbing in a circular motion, afterwards just rinse your face with warm water. There’s no rough scrubbing required, so it’s the best solution for your delicate eye area.
Coconut Oil for Your Hair
Is your hair in need of some moisture? If your hair is dry and dull then try coconut oil as a deep conditioner. Coconut oil penetrates deeper than any conditioner that you can buy at the store. Since coconut oil is solid until it reaches 76 degrees, you’ll need to scoop a small amount into a separate jar or bowl and run it under some warm water to bring it to its liquid state. After it’s in its liquid state, follow these simple steps for the ultimate at home conditioning treatment.
It’s best to use this conditioning treatment on clean hair, so if you haven’t already, wash your hair.
Start off by applying the coconut oil at your roots, and work it in really good while making your way down to the ends.
Put your hair up in a shower cap (if you don’t have a shower cap, don’t worry, use a plastic bag!) and let it soak in for an hour or two. The longer the better!
All that’s left to do now is lather, rinse and repeat! Style as usual, and enjoy your beautiful tresses!
Coconut Oil for Your Nails
Want to strengthen your cuticle and moisturize your hands all at the same time? Before bed every night, rub a small amount of coconut oil on your cuticles and hands. It’s perfect for beautiful looking nails and can even help promote nail growth!
A little bit of coconut oil goes a long way, so be sure to start off with a small amount and apply more if needed. Make your skin, hair and nails happy…. Give coconut oil a try!